Tuesday, January 27, 2009

what do you mean Harry Potter isn't real?

I'll admit that while walking around campus listening to my iPod, I frequently forget where I am, or where I'm going. This afternoon was no different.

While walking from the library to my apartment, my iPod on shuffle, Hank Green's Accio Deathly Hallows began to play. With a skip in my step, I began humming this song, thinking of Chicago, Summer 2007 and other days long past. My humming turned to mouthing the lyrics, my mouthing to whispering, and apparently my whispering became louder and louder. After singing I couldn't care less about Harry Potter if Hogwarts was my alma mater (at the top of my lungs, apparently)I looked around, and everyone was staring at me. I paused the song, and was thrust back into reality.

I figured I had three options at this point. One, I could keep singing and continue on my way home. Two, I could publicly apologize for "disturbing the peace" or three, I could start singing Lean Like A Cholo, the next song on my iPod, and attempt to redeem myself. I did neither. Instead, I tripped down the stairs as I tried running away from the situation.

Well, I guess becoming "that weird Harry Potter girl" here at BYU was inevitable. Maybe if I continue to build this reputation, they'll start letting me bring my wand to class.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. If you ever take your wand to class, I want to hear about it.

    Now I'm nostalgic for Chicago. Ohhh, life...

    +Christina+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So, are they going to do an article in the Daily Universe about you now, like that other kid - what was his name - Cloak boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah! As a reader, I demand more posts :)

    ReplyDelete