Thursday, July 23, 2009

#dumbledore


I've been trying for DAYS to come up with something coherent to say about the movie, but I just can't do it. So, this will have to do :)

My scattered thoughts on Half Blood Prince.

The opening scene with Harry and Dumbledore was brilliant. The camera's flashing everywhere, I loved it. For the first time I really felt like the characters were true to themselves. They were perfect, and everyone played their parts flawlessly. The movie was too funny. HBP is suppose to be dark, tense and everything is uncertain. I was cracking up the entire movie, but that isn't what this story is about. The tense and emotional scenes were lacking because of all the humor. Dumbledore's death was excellent, he looks so vulnerable and scared. "Do as I say Harry. Trust me." I thought Michael Gambon did very well showing how weak Dumbledore is at this moment. Draco crying and Dumbledore calming staring at him...so great. I appreciated this scene so much more when I saw it the second time. Tom Felton played Draco so well, I couldn't have asked for more. My biggest problem with the entire movie is the Harry/Snape exchange at the end, when he reveals that he is the Half Blood Prince. It was rushed and messy and had so much potential. I was very very disappointed. "PS Harry, I'm the Half Blood Prince." "Really?" "Yeah. See ya." Really guys? That scene in the book is so powerful and overwhelming, and we all know Alan Rickman could have pulled it off..what happened?

I think they've got it right, finally. And I really can't wait to see what Deathly Hallows brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment