Saturday, July 4, 2009

"i don't need friends mom, i have youuuuu" bahaha.

My siblings and I are pretty anti-social. We have friends (a lot of them, actually), but we prefer to spend time at home. The Hosking children like to read books, watch the Discovery channel and go on the computer.

This afternoon we were sitting around the house, and a group of Abby's friends came running up the driveway. They screamed for my sister to come outside and hang out. Abby walked out the front door, waved, and then came back in.

It drives my mom crazy.

"Abby's friends came over today and she totally blew them off!" she told my dad. "Paige never talks to her friends, Jacob never wants to hang out with his, and Hannah doesn't care if she has any. I don't get it!"

How did my social soccer playing high school cheerleader mom get stuck with four nerdy kids who don't feel the need to hang out with their friends all the time? Beats me. But I find it hilarious.

4 comments:

  1. Bahahahahahaha Yes I've witnessed this. But Han, you know you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lucky and fortunate to have such great kids! I must admit that makes me laugh at the irony too. Maybe your dad grew up differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you dad can't be called a social butterfly. :) Maybe what Abby was really saying was "I've got 5 crazy cousins at my house right now and can't really hear anything. Come back next week."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. Also, I MET THEM. :P

    ReplyDelete