Monday, March 22, 2010

in our lovely deseret

To outsiders, dating life in Provo seems absurd. Married by 20? Old maids by 21? DTRs and PDTs, dates every weekend with random boys from Book of Mormon class, engagements announced every Sunday during Relief Society's "good news minute" (when will us perpetually single girls get to voice our bad news?).

To those inside, it's not any less complicated. Security rings and pulling the missionary card, studying on the 1st floor of the library rather than the 4th floor and avoiding eye contact in the JFSB are tactics I'm all too familiar with. I've been sidestepping my way though the BYU dating scene for three years now, and I've become somewhat of an expert at dodging and being too busy to go out with that boy from my 1:30pm class every Friday night for the past two months.



These girls blog about their dating experiences, not too different from my own. They're funny, they're witty, and I think they've got it right.

2 comments:

  1. LOL at pulling the missionary card. We're pros at that.

    ReplyDelete