Friday, June 4, 2010

i get by with a little help from my friends



You know what's funny? You meet people, and you just assume they'll be temporary friends. You know what I'm taking about, those few people you stumble across by chance and you figure it'd be nice to have their company for a while but doubt they'll stick around.

That happened to me once. I "met" some people in a chatroom (insert dirty old men comments here) and I hardly even knew their real names. I didn't think they'd be around for very long, and I'll admit I called them my "fake friends" for quite a while.

Well, I just booked a flight to go spend a week with those "fake friends" in Florida this summer, five years after we first met. They're helping me get there because they genuinely love me. I'm actually sitting here at my computer in tears because I am so grateful for them, for YOU. Do I deserve this? Not really. I'm sure a lot of good could have been done with that money, a lot of people need help. But I am so blessed to have the friends that I do.

I've been struggling recently with some of my friends here in Provo. People leaving, people being shady. I just assumed the people I've met over this past year would be in my life forever, and while some of them will be most of them won't. But life is a funny thing - who would have guessed that my rando internet friends would be better than some of my "real" ones?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Potter Con planning to do :)




No comments:

Post a Comment