Saturday, June 26, 2010

"sounds like a personal problem"

By the time I found myself washing my face and cleaning off as much as possible in the Welcome to Kentucky visitor center bathroom, we'd been on the road for over 24 hours. As Paige and I stumbled out of the car, a little girl next to us stared at Paige and said to her mom, "that girl looks crazy!" True we'd all hit a low point in the hygiene area, but who in the world is this little girl?!

Utah. Colorado. Kansas. Missouri. Illinois. Kentucky. Tennessee.

We're currently outside of Nashville, having stopped to watch the USA world cup game (which we lost, by the way. But that's a different topic that I cannot get into without spewing for hours) and get some real sleep before the final 12 hour push to our destination in North Carolina.

Between the Kentucky bathroom and my now-showered state in this Tennessee hotel room we had quite the adventure. We were all getting tired, so as we came up to Nashville we decided to turn off the freeway and explore the city a little bit. Just as we began our self guided tour of a place none of us had ever been to before, it started pouring rain like I've never seen. The streets were almost flooding as we inched our way through downtown, shouting things like "drop me off at that bar so I can watch the world cup with my fellow Americans!" and "I wanna see some real legit country stuff" etc etc. We were squinting out the windows looking at some metal towers when lightning struck right by our car. All five of us screamed. Lightning! We were almost struck by lightning! Mom took that as our cue to leave, and we drove back to the freeway in search of a hotel that had a pool and free wifi.

Between games of Factory or City?, screaming Miley Cyrus while driving through Kansas City at 1:30AM and taking jumping pictures at almost every state sign I'd say we've been making pretty good time.

1 comment:

  1. Some seriously classic Hosking moments there. Just get here!

    ReplyDelete