Wednesday, July 21, 2010

who needs cash when you've got love?


I just spent six days in Orlando, FL at Infinitus. Since the moment I landed, I've been struggling to find the words to describe what I was seeing, thinking and feeling. My journal entries from the trip consisted of "I cannot describe how magical this was" or "how am I suppose to put this feeling into words? This struggle has continued as I've come back home and had to respond to the "how was it?" question.

How was it? What was it like to legit be at Hogwarts with some of the most amazing people I've ever met? How did it feel to scream Don't Stop Believing, watch the Harry Potter Alliance receive $250,000 and talk about how Potter has changed my life until unheard of hours of the morning?

I cannot even describe the feeling.

I am the luckiest girl in the entire world. I cannot believe that I have had the privilege to know the people that I know and to experience the things I have experienced through Harry Potter. Looking back over this trip and the past six years of my life, I wonder what I did to deserve all of this. I have been able to spend time with Harry Potter, and the people that have made this fandom incredible. The friends, the inside jokes, the stories that we all retell until everyone in our "real life" tells us to shut up. How will I ever repay JK Rowling?

Happiness that cannot be explained.

I walked through Hogsmede at night, towards Hogwarts with a butterbeer in hand. It really happened. And I hope I never forget this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment