Wednesday, December 8, 2010

it's a party in the li-brar-ayy

I'm sitting in the library writing a paper that is worth 95% of my grade. It is 11pm the night before it's due, and I have less than half of my rough draft done.

Of course, I'm on Facebook with the rest of my classmates trying to one up each other on how much we've still got to write. Because college isn't about putting everything you've got into each assignment, and the Philosophy department certainly knows we all only spend a few hours on these huge papers. The skill you need to acquire here is the ability to write incredibly long, eloquent philosophical analysis the night before it's due. If you've accomplished this then you've succeeded.

If only I'd discovered this sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, I found you. Love your blog. Now I'm wishing that I was in Orlando at the Harry Potter theme park or at The Outer Banks or a logician.

    I hope you did well on your paper. I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat that I missed a final at BYU. So you have that to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete