Friday, January 14, 2011

I bite my nails.

All the time.

If this were a normal day, I would have already paused in writing this to...bite my nails. My fingers are constantly in my mouth. I bite my nails when I'm tired, I bite my nails when I'm bored, I bite my nails when I'm nervous, I bite my nails when I'm thinking, I bite my nails whenever I feel like it. I don't even realize I'm doing it anymore.

I've decided for the 50th time in my life to break the habit.

In high school, I had acrylics for a short time because of Senior Ball and guess who bit those instead? And I've had manicures. And my nails are always painted. I try and sit on my hands when I'm not using them to resist the temptation. Nothing seems to help.

So here's the deal. I'm done. I'm 21 years old, not 6. The madness must end and it's going to take absolute concentration and willpower on my part. I'm going to give myself a month, and at that point I'll update you all on my progress. If I've failed...well, we'll just move on to attempt #51.

2 comments:

  1. must be genetic. but I stopped so I know its possible. I think I was in college when I stopped. Once you do stop, you'll have a hard time believing you ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should send you a picture of my hands. I'm a terrible nail biter too.

    ReplyDelete